Community Engagement (CE) is the Utilities division responsible for engaging stakeholders in programs and services through several strategies, including program management, customer education, public participation and community partnerships. The CE intern will complete a range of tasks, including direct to customer outreach and education, event and program logistical support, research and strategic development support.
• Engage directly with community members to share information and resources that empower them to make informed decision about utilities.
• Conduct outreach activities such as tracking progress and sharing program related information.
• Participate in community organization meetings.
• Assist with data collection, documentation and analysis.
• Provide logistical support for stakeholder relationship development strategies.
• Assist with large- and small-scale event logistics and implementation.
• Assist with youth school program and field trip education logistics and implementation.
• Conduct research on best practices and strategic opportunities.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
BENEFITS TO INTERN
• Helping people make informed decisions that help them save money and reduce their impact on Fort Collins, the region, and the world.
• Opportunity to learn and practically apply customer service, community engagement and program management skills.
• Professionalism development opportunity in a highly respected municipal organization.
• Academic and community service credit available when all criteria are met.
• Partial access to the suite of employee personal and professional development opportunities
• Access to City job application system and select opportunities not available to the public.
• Access to City volunteer benefits such as a free transit pass.
TIME COMMITMENT AND AVAILABILITY
• Spring Semester (based on CSU calendar) with an opportunity to continue as appropriate.
• Typical assignments occur Monday-Friday between 8a-5p
• Night and weekend event support common.
• 10-20 hours per week.
Apply online to become a volunteer.
Questions? Contact Tara Muller