Volunteering in our Butterfly House is both educational and rewarding! Butterfly House volunteers are responsible for maintaining USDA containment standards, helping to ensure excellent guest experience, and enhance guest takeaways through interpretation and education.
• Welcome all guests, give them a short orientation to the Butterfly House rules and keep track of tickets.
• Make sure the butterflies stay in the house as per the Butterfly House training
• Check guests’ jackets and belongings as they leave to make sure there are no butterflies sneaking out
• Ensure guests are staying on the path and not disturbing the plant material
• Make sure guests are not leaving the House with butterflies
• Helpful and resourceful in meeting guests needs.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Provide interpretive education in the Butterfly House
• Enthusiasm for sharing a love of gardening and the natural world with people of all ages
In order to work in the Butterfly House, a 1.5 hour virtual training and a 2 hour shadow shift must be completed. Both can be flexible to your schedule.
Butterfly House shifts are 2.25 hours in length and you can sign up for as many or as few as you want a week. Shifts occur 7 days a week between 9:45 am and 4:00 pm.