Become part of an enthusiastic community that shares your passion. Volunteers are critical in all parts of the Gardens on Spring Creek. Volunteer today!
Volunteering in our Butterfly House is both educational and rewarding! Butterfly House volunteers are responsible for maintaining USDA containment standards, helping to ensure excellent guest experience, and enhance guest takeaways through interpretation and education.
• Welcome all guests, give them a short orientation to the Butterfly House rules and keep track of tickets.
• Make sure the butterflies stay in the house as per the Butterfly House training
• Check guests’ jackets and belongings as they leave to make sure there are no butterflies sneaking out
• Ensure guests are staying on the path and not disturbing the plant material
• Make sure guests are not leaving the House with butterflies
• Helpful and resourceful in meeting guests needs.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Provide interpretive education in the Butterfly House
• Enthusiasm for sharing a love of gardening and the natural world with people of all ages
The Purpose of The Gardens on Spring Creek Volunteer Program is to enrich lives of volunteers and community members through our beautiful, curated gardens and outstanding education programs and events; create a financially sustainable workforce; and educate volunteers and guests about environmental stewardship through gardening.
New Volunteer Applications for 2022 Gardens Volunteers are no longer being accepted. Please check back in March 2023 when our Volunteer onboarding will resume. If you are interested in volunteering with the Gardens this fall or winter, please check out our Special Events Volunteer opportunities.