City of Fort Collins Engage
Welcome to Engage! Engage is a new system for the City of Fort Collins that helps you manage your involvement, either as a participant or volunteer, sponsored by the FC Volunteers Program. Browse the calendar, edit your profile, and get involved!
The Parks Department is stewards for 6 community parks, 44 neighborhood and pocket parks; and 29 miles of recreational trails. We provide clean and safe outdoor environments for the citizens of Fort Collins to enjoy and recreate.
Adopt-a-Trail *** Adopt-a-Park
We recognize that our City is a community of action, and our community organizers are a wonderful asset and value in sustaining our incredible outdoor resources.
Some of the volunteer opportunities Parks can offer a person or group who are interested in volunteering their time on an occasional basis are: mulching tree rings, weeding, planting, painting, raking; and more. We also recognize that you may have skills that you would like share. Perhaps you have an idea about mitigating the graffiti or vandalism in your parks, or maybe you're experienced in water management and would like to share your knowledge.
If you are interested in volunteering your time and expertise in the parks for a single-day event, we'd like to hear from you. Please fill out a Program Request form to the right or contact us directly at 970-221-6660.
For those of you who would like to volunteer on a regular basis, we have Adopt-a-Programs. Perhaps you enjoy walking or biking on a particular trail, or maybe you live close to and play in one of our wonderful parks; if you want to help by volunteering your time please click on the following links to learn more and apply on-line with the applications on the right hand side of this screen.
In addition, court ordered Community Service opportunities are available on a case-by-case basis. If you have a need to perform community service, please complete an on-line Community Service application on the right hand side of your screen. You will be required to complete a background check through Verified Volunteers. Please note, a background check can take up to two weeks to get back so if you have an immediate need for hours other options may need to be found. If you have additional questions, you can contact Parks at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type Community Service Need in the subject line.
Parks would like to encourage people of all ages and abilities to volunteer with us and share their talents. We provide tools (rakes, trash bags, etc.), and work with individuals or large groups to help accommodate the needs of the volunteer(s).
How to Get Started
1. Find out more about volunteering for Parks- https://engage.fcgov.com/d/p
2. Fill out an application
a. Adopt-A-Trail- https://engage.fcgov.com/D/p/App/AdoptATrail
b. Adopt-A-Park- https://engage.fcgov.com/D/p/App/AdoptAPark
3. Wait for an email from Parks staff to assign your requested trail or park.
Record Your Impact
1. Record your hours each time you volunteer by logging in to https://engage.fcgov.com with the account you set up with your application.
2. On your Dashboard, click the My Site Visits tab
3. Click Schedule/Report Adopt-A-Park Visit or Schedule/Report Adopt-A-Trail Visit, depending on what you have adopted. If you volunteer with a group, it will say Group Visit
4. Select the Place, the date you volunteered, and what time you started volunteering.
5. You will enter the number of hours total you completed, plus the number of hours for each individual in your group. For example 10 volunteers for two hours equals 20 volunteer hours.
6. Click Finish Report Now
7. Click + add to record the number of trash bags collected
8. Click + add again to record the number of volunteers in your group (if applicable)
9. Write a short description of what you did, or write N/A in the large text box
10. Click Save
11. Record a Site Visit each time you or your group volunteers